Create Educational Pathways for Space Exploration
Our vision is driven by Buzz’s vision for permanent habitation on Mars, The Buzz Aldrin Space Foundation (BASF) develops tools, curricula and programs for children, students, researchers and professionals to enable the extension of human habitation beyond the Earth to the Moon and Mars. We are creating educational pathways from a child’s first educational experiences through undergraduate and graduate programs. This vertical pathway will bring together students and researchers of all levels to learn from each other’s vision for space, ultimately creating the first generation of Martians.
Your support will enable us to:
- Inspire hundreds of thousands of children from all walks of life to pursue careers in STEAM, while bringing their inspiration to life through scholarships to space camps and other space relates experiences
- Support the development of the necessary skills through scholarships in space education
- Encourage the development of innovation and entrepreneurship in space
- Back the fund cutting research needed to enable permanent human inhabitation of Mars
- Teach leadership through ongoing mentorship programs
BASF will partner with a number of educational and research organizations at the primary, secondary and tertiary educational levels to create a seamless pipeline of educational programs and experiences designed to engage students in STEAM education.
The Buzz Aldrin Space Foundation welcomes support from individuals, corporations and charitable organizations to make each of the foundation’s programs possible.